Maximize your freedom with our FLEX Passes!
FLEX Passes allow you to stay flexible with different options depending on your needs.
20-trip FLEX Pass
Starting at $35/month, this affordable offer allows you to make 20 FLEX trips of 30 minutes or less at no cost for time. You have one month from purchase to use your pass. How to use it >
FLEX Unlimited Pass
Need even more? Available from $65/month enjoy an unlimited number of free FLEX trips of 30 minutes or less for a whole month.
Regardless of the pass selected, your trips only become billable from the 31st minute (100 km included per trip, 22¢ per km after 100 km).
How to get your FLEX Pass
You can purchase a FLEX Pass at any time by logging into your online account. It is then possible to renew it easily via the Communauto mobile app.
Please note: You need a smart phone (or a tablet compatible with the Communauto app) and use it to access FLEX vehicles to take advantage of the 20-trip offer since you will need to activate the pass in the app before.
How to use your 20-trip FLEX Pass
With a 20-trip FLEX pass, it’s up to you whether you want to use a pass on any given ride! You can activate it on any trip.
Click on the button (1) to activate the pass; click again to deactivate it. The number to the right (2) lets you know the number of trips remaining on the pass.
Please note: once the trip is over, it is no longer possible to change your selection so do not forget to activate the pass before releasing the vehicle if you want to use it!
Conversely, do not forget to deactivate the pass if the duration of your trip means that you will not save enough to justify using a pass for that trip (if you activate a pass for a vehicle you’ve blocked, but then don’t use the vehicle, the pass will automatically deactivate for that trip).
Pro tip: Activate the pass immediately after blocking the vehicle so you don’t risk forgetting afterwards!
20-trip FLEX Pass
- The 20-trip FLEX Pass allows you to avoid being billed for the first 30 minutes of your trips. Your trips become billable starting on the 31st minute (100 km included/trip, 22¢/km additional kms).
- Each pass is valid for 20 trips and for one month from its date of purchase. Trips that are unused by its expiration cannot be carried over to the following month.
- It’s up to you whether or not you apply the pass on a particular trip. You can activate it on any trip (there are no restrictions).
- You can activate your pass from the moment you block a vehicle; it is then possible to deactivate or reactivate it as many times as you wish for as long as the trip is still in progress. Once the vehicle has been released, it is no longer possible to modify your selection.
FLEX Unlimited Pass
- The FLEX Unlimited Pass allows you to enjoy an unlimited number of FLEX trips of 30 minutes or less for a whole month for free. Your trips become billable starting on the 31st minute (100 km included/trip, 22¢/km additional kms).
- A period of 45 minutes between the end of one trip and the start of the next is required in order for another free 30-minute period to apply.
This means that you must allow 45 minutes after the end of a trip before blocking or using a vehicle again. The same period applies for the successive use of a vehicle by a co-member or another authorized driver from the same business account.
- The use of a FLEX Pass is reserved to its holder. As part of a family or business membership, each co-member or authorized driver will need to add their own Pass to their account to also take advantage of the offer.
- The free period applies to the first 30 billable minutes of the trip, so you remain eligible for all the other credits to which you are entitled when using a FLEX vehicle: free blocking of the vehicle for 30 minutes to give you time to arrive, snow removal credit up to 15 minutes in winter, 20-minute credit if you refuel the vehicle. The relocation credit, however, cannot be combined with the 30-minute FLEX Pass credit. Only one 30-minute credit will be granted per trip.
- By default, an amount of $1.10 per trip is billed to limit your Damage Fee to $600 in the event of collision or damage (at-fault or not). Discover our other Damage Protection Plan options.
- The use of a pass may be suspended without the right to credit, refund, or extension of its period of validity in the event of default or non-compliance with the conditions of use of the service.